Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sancho Panza




Hello,
              Usually this is naturally easy for me, the words casually write themselves. It would seem I am having some difficulty getting started (insert male enhancement pill advertisement here). Recently I walked along an old path that I used to walk everyday in junior high school and I thought about how I felt then vs how I feel now. I was happy, and careless, and used to think I was walking along a trail as a knight errant coming from some recent adventure where I conquered  and won the day in the name of good. Today I am on much less stable ground, which is exceptionally revealing. I can't differentiate between good and bad anymore and find myself constantly rationalizing my questionable actions.  I live in this morally ambiguous gray zone where the quote "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" has found a niche. My false sense of superiority is a detriment to my weak resolve and I find myself with what society would call "rejects", because they dont seem to judge falsely and then I would have no need to rebuff them as per what happens whenever im around what society would deem the "acceptable". I find biting my tongue a wanting characteristic and one beneath my abilities in the long term so I avoid and make my own small judgements which I do realize is no better, but we all have faults. Speaking of faults, I recently read John Greene's the Fault is in Our Stars and I must recommend it. Beg, Borrow, or steal to acquire this work of fiction and you will not be sorry, I personally stake my reputation on it. 
                I'm running out of moral lessons to teach or impart upon you. I hate being professorial and lording over you these truths that I have discovered as if I somehow have it al figured out. I don't, I am often more times wrong than I am correct and thats from my recent endeavors . So how can I attempt to lecture and "Educate" you the reader about some small inkling I have discovered? It's tough because I do have some nuggets of truth, but like you I still just dont know. One speech Obama gave that seemed to stick with me is that "America can't interject every time there is a wrong in the world, but that shouldn't be a reason to never intervene" I dont have it all figured out so I dont assume to tell you that I give you advice from that perch, but I do have some things figured out and if you move forward with this disclaimer you can take the advice I give not from above but from beside, as a sort of starting point. But be careful because as we mentioned before, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment