Monday, May 2, 2011

Ahhhhhhh!!!!



Life Is going well, Im reading more then ever, I have successfully expanded my vocabulary, they got Osama, I have no complaints. I wanted to talk about social activities and the importance of them as well As how much I love this blog, even though I don't post a lot its only because I feel too many post invalidate the ones already post. I have been participating in many social activities recently, a spoken word poetry jam, a play rendition of Reservoir Dogs, and tomorrow I will be attending a choir. I love social interaction and Im just upset that more of my student body isn't coming out to these FREE activities at my school. Its frustrating because I want everyone to take away from the show a sense of togetherness. Semesters coming to an end and melancholy is a perfect definition of how im feeling. This was the first one where I bloomed. I met people, went to events interacted. Yes I learned but it was so much more then academic learning it was a worldly lesson. One full different walks of life being removed from the shadows and dancing, basking in the light. I met a figure skater who is the female equivalent of me, the underground rapper who shares the same name, the ditsy blonde who wants to do better but doesn't know how. its safe to say I met my fare share of misfits and frustrated youth.
WE are out there, be afraid america, be very afraid. I quote a lot of people and eminem shouldnt be underestimated due to his sometime comical, dark spin on things.
" And there's a million of us just like me
who cuss like me; who just don't give a fuck like me
who dress like me; walk, talk and act like me"
Yes we are out there with a slight twist, we care we really do "give a fuck", we are watching and acting and participating. Im still loveless, I still have those fleeting moments of solidarity, of loneness and when I attempt to reach out and connect with a significant other it just doesn't feel right. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror earlier and I was taken a back, I looked at myself and kinda asked myself whats the point of it all? I was not able to sufficiently answer the question, but I was able to placate myself by repeating "I'm just living for the moment. "

No comments:

Post a Comment