Thursday, February 11, 2010

Paradigms

Guess Who's back, back again Andre's back tell some friends?, posting from school waiting for class to start have about an hour to go. It's funny I have thought about blogging for a couple of days now and everyday i say today is the day I'm going to write something and i have all these ideas about what I want to say but I always find some reason not to say anything at all. That's the story of my life always some reason or excuse for not doing something that i want to. So I would like to discuss music Because its such an epic part of to days generations life from the followings of hair bands in the 80's- 90's to the hip hop era of 90's 00's to to days current movement. Music has defined people, who you are, what crowd you hang out with, even far enough to say your principles give or take a few. My greatest musical inspirations aren't people but songs cause i havent heard every music a person has created and god knows i dont approve of half the songs but once just once in a blue i find this epitome of the artist that i just have on replay for weeks. For example Red hot chili peppers i can name 5 songs of the top of the dome, Scar tissue, Californication, Under the bridge, Snow, by the way. those songs should be added to the library of congress as far as I'm concerned but then they have these songs that i just dont get or just dont speak to me Cant stop for instance. so what is the measure of an artist ? is it having nothing but songs that speak to you that make them great or is it variety? i leave it up to better sages then I to answer. Red hot chili peppers covers my rock fans :), Rap we have Jay Z yes Tupac and Biggie where better but since their lives where prematurely ended i only think its right that Jay Z who has hit after hit be the Representative of the hip hop era, to keep it fair I'm going to only name 5 and yes this is going to be epically hard (not in any particular order). I'm Feeling it, Song cry, blueprint, December 4Th, And Beach chair I dont think i have ever skipped any of these when they came up on my itunes ever.
And this next segment are just 5 songs that got me through some hard times in my life, Story of the year. Until the Day I die, Talib kweli ft mos def Definition, Lupe Fiasco Superstar, Dipset Im Ready, and Consequence The Good The Bad The Ugly. Give them a listen and give me your opinion And Keep t his in heart The greatest Song of all time (given a third verse is some where out there in the multi verse) Mos Def Traveling Man

No comments:

Post a Comment